Is Now the Right Time to Start a Hedge Fund?
Jun 23, 2010
San Francisco, CA
The hedge fund industry has entered a new, at times difficult, and sometimes even strange, era. Between talk of registration, regulation and reputations, many are asking if 2010 is really the best year to launch a new fund.
Please join us on Wednesday, June 23 in San Francisco for this informative and unique event, designed to guide participants through the process of launching a fund. Our moderator, Jay Gould, Partner with Pillsbury, will provide an overview of the current industry landscape. The panelists will then review best practices for fund structure, the process of attaining seed capital, technology considerations, and discuss their due diligence processes.
The panel of expert speakers will be reviewing the following considerations for start-up and emerging fund managers:
- The new paradigm for the top hedge funds
- Capital raising considerations - advantages & disadvantages
- Seeding arrangements - what seeders & investors want now
- Operational components of an institutionally focused manager
- Technology and infrastructure best practices and challenges
- Jay Gould, Partner, Pillsbury
- Judith Posnikoff, Managing Director, Pacific Alternative Investment Asset Management Company
- Greg Siemons, COO, Fiduciary Research & Consulting, LLC
- Max Catalano, Partner, Merlin Securities
- Vinod Paul, Managing Director, Eze Castle Integration