The tablet computing industry is growing at an exponential rate with no signs of slowing down. More and more hedge funds and alternative investment organisations are considering moving away from laptops and notebook computers as the popularity of the tablet continues to grow. Many hedge funds are becoming attracted to the tablet more than ever, as this new technology allows them to track down market intelligence and stay abreast of changes more efficiently via apps, as opposed to trawling through the web via laptops or desktops.
Tablet apps provide hedge fund users with a tailored computing experience, as they are now able to dive right in and get the information they require instead of having to take time searching for it. This is a major advantage for hedge funds because it allows managers to focus on returns and keep a closer eye on risk and exposure.
There is certainly no shortage when it comes to innovation and advancements in the world of tablets and technology. Thus far, Apple's iPad has established and dominated this industry. But as time passes, we are seeing new competitors entering the marketplace. Today, some of other the key players in the tablet industry include:
- Google Android
- Motorola Xoom
- BlackBerry PlayBook
- Samsung Sliding Series 7 PC
- Lenovo IdeaPad U1 Hybrid
- LG G-Slate
At the moment, the Apple iPad 2 still ranks as the most widely used tablet among hedge funds and other alternative investment organizations. However, as these new competitors continue to improve their offerings, they are beginning to steal a greater share of the tablet market.
Need help choosing the right tablet? Click here for some reviews and additional information on the key players in the tablet market.
Also, be sure to check out these other useful resources on mobile and tablet computing:
- Tech Talk: Should I trade my Blackberry for an iPhone?
- Apple for Enterprise: A Few Key Facts
- iPad and iPhone Apps of Note for Business and Entertainment
Image source: Computerworld
- Expert Tips for Launching a Hedge Fund in a New Environment
- Answering the FCA's Dear CEO Letter on Outsourcing with Some Practical Steps
- Reflecting on What We're Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- Finding Your One-Stop Shop: The Benefits of Choosing an All-Inclusive IT Provider
- Three Ways Your Cloud Provider Can De-Stress Your Life
- business continuity planning
- cloud computing
- data loss prevention
- disaster recovery
- eze castle milestones
- hedge fund due diligence
- hedge fund marketing
- hedge fund operations
- hedge fund regulation
- help desk
- high frequency trading
- launching a hedge fund
- privacy compliance
- project management
- real estate
- startup & relocation
- trends we're seeing
- videos and infographics