Today, as you know, is Valentine’s Day. So, for the third consecutive year, we’re taking this opportunity to spread the love.
This year, we’re dedicating our efforts to support School on Wheels, an organization focused on increasing the educational opportunities available to the more than 1.6 million homeless children in the United States. The group’s mission is based on these three fundamental premises:
- Every child deserves the right to a quality education.
- Education is the key to unlocking a brighter future and breaking the cycle of homelessness.
- Community support is vital in helping achieve the goal of providing academic stability and hope for all children who have no permanent home.
School on Wheels achieves these goals through a variety of programs, most notably its volunteer tutor program, which trains and matches tutors to homeless students in the community. Tutors are trained and paired with one student in order to ensure a sense of stability, and assist students with not only school related projects but also confidence building exercises. Volunteers also work with the students to help them stay on track in school and reach their educational goals, which include attending college. Through its High School Plus Program, School on Wheels of MA has already helped 15 homeless students reach college.
To support this worthy organization, Eze Castle is hosting a social media fundraiser during which we pledge to donate $1.00 to School on Wheels (up to $1,000) for every new “like” we receive on our Facebook page and every new Twitter follower obtained between February 14, 2013 and March 14, 2013.
Please take a moment and “like” us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to help us support this amazing cause. In addition to the good karma you’ll earn, you’ll also have the added benefit of enjoying innovative hedge fund technology insights and news directly on your Facebook and Twitter feeds!
Categorized under: Trends We're Seeing
- Five Years Later: How Bernie Madoff Has Transformed the Investment Industry
- The Who, What, When and Where of the Bad, Bad Cryptolocker Ransomware
- Expert Tips for Launching a Hedge Fund in a New Environment
- Answering the FCA's Dear CEO Letter on Outsourcing with Some Practical Steps
- Reflecting on What We're Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- business continuity planning
- cloud computing
- data loss prevention
- disaster recovery
- eze castle milestones
- hedge fund due diligence
- hedge fund marketing
- hedge fund operations
- hedge fund regulation
- help desk
- high frequency trading
- launching a hedge fund
- privacy compliance
- project management
- real estate
- startup & relocation
- trends we're seeing
- videos and infographics